Tuesday, January 8, 2008

That Last Day of Ramadhan

*From my old Friendster Blog site written on October 12, 2007.


I have NEVER - in my whole life - felt this way, but when this year's Ramadhan ended yesterday, somehow I had this feeling that I wasn't actually ready for it..

Well, I admit it that I'm definitely not the most religious, but when Ramadhan ended yesterday, for the first time I was actually wondering if I'm gonna have the chance to meet next year's Ramadhan (especially the terawih prayers - even though I missed half of them this year ;P ) Later last night, for some reason I felt like a sense of warmth and calmness wrapping me thru the night.

Perhaps it's because I'm halfway-around-the-world far from home and the calmness is actually sadness? Or is it because since I got a bit older, some things now seem to make sense to me? Well, who knows..

Whatever it is, I'm glad I got thru this year's Ramadhan, and I look forward to having another one a year from now..

And before I forget, I'd like to take this opportunity to wish Happy Eid to all of you who's reading this.. I apologize for anything I've done that could've hurt anyone's feelings in the past... I'm not perfect, and yes, being a human, I don't know everything and I do make mistakes..

Til my next post, have a good Hari Raya, guys... Assalamualaikum :)

No comments: