Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Better Keep That Passport

*From my old Friendster Blog site written on May 11, 2007.

I am less than three weeks away from going home, and yesterday I just found out that I couldn't find where my passport is. To my horror, I have misplaced that very important document. I tried to search for it in my room and I got to a point where it's confirmed that it's not there..

Sh*t..

The US refers outsiders coming into the country as "aliens". Without my passport, I guess I am now the most defined and true alien of all time. No doubt..

All these thoughts came to my mind. Having to contact the embassy, the sponsor's representative in D.C, MSD in L.A, International Office, and all of the other administrative people to help me get the right documentation to AT LEAST help me get out of the US.. If not, I'd be spending my 3 months of summer here - and that'd be more horrifying than death itself (well, at least that's how I felt during that time).. And even if I get to go home, it'd be such a hassle to go to the hardest-to-get-in American Embassy to make a new passport, plus lose some more money to pay another $100 for the hardest-to-get US-J1-Visa..

Since the passport is gone, I planned to search for it at school, but I had no idea where to go first, and I don't even know why I should start there. I couldn't remember what I was doing with the passport after I took it out to school for an errand last week..

Damn...

But well, lucky I was..

Later that night, I found the passport sitting in one of my friend's house after I almost started to faint due to some breathing difficulties (only an exaggeration)..

Alhamdulillah..

Well, I still can't remember why it's there, but the important thing is, it's there.. Actually, I wasn't even searching for it when I went there..

I guess it's true that when you're not really trying to search for something, that's when you'll find it..

So, my fellow friends (ESPECIALLY the ones that are outside of Malaysia), please reset your mind to know enough that your passports are such valuable (and irreplacable) assets, that if you lose them, only God knows how true of an alien you would become..

Til my next post, have a good summer everyone..


No comments: