Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Are You Missing Someone?

*From my old Friendster Blog site written on March 11, 2007.


Ask yourself this - are you missing someone?

If yes, smile now - because having the feeling of missing someone is actually a gift from him/her to you. Even you have the power to give the same kind of 'gift' to him/her. And that is called "the gift of missing you"...

It might sound like a snappy comeback, but if your significant other is asking "why didn't you call me?", you could just say "hey, i was just giving you the gift of missing me" :P

When you always talk, things might get boring. Someone might feel 'suffocated'. So, take a break. No, not for a month (if you want him/her to dump you, yep, stop talking for this long). Take one day, or two days off. And enjoy the feeling of missing him/her...

It's true, I admit that I'm no love doctor, and yes I'm not currently in any relationship (still, this doesn't mean I can't miss someone), but trust me, this concept is healthy for any relationship. When you start talking to him/her again, tell them you missed them (and mean it). There's a higher chance that you two will get closer this way compared to non-stop phone calls 24/7 or boring daily dates until time with your special someone is no longer appreciated as it has become so abundant and easy to get (this is also why economists agree that almost all rare items are valued at higher prices)...

So, again. Are you missing someone? Don't feel bad, 'cos hey, it's a gift!!! ;)