Friday, April 11, 2008

Ron Paul Is America's Only Hope

Photo credit: AP / Charlie Neibergall.

Living in the US has given me the tempias of the upcoming Presidential Election - taking place end of 2008. I have not read much of the candidates, but amidst my ignorance, I used to prefer Barack Obama.

But I've given up on Obama. Now it's Ron Paul time.

One might ask: Why the hell should you care about whoever becomes the US President? It's not like you're gonna be able to vote. Dude, you're a Malaysian for God's sake!

My answer: Well, because the US' Foreign Policies are vital to the rest of the world, thus knowing who gets to be the President will also guide us as to what should we anticipate in the near future , for example - more wars or no wars anymore? I am a human being living on this earth and somehow I do care what happens to the people in Iraq, Iran, Vietnam, and any other countries. I'd like to know if world peace will be restored or eroded more and more.

Now, I'd like to clarify that the reason I like Ron Paul is not because he is a Republican. Actually, in many ways, Ron Paul's ideas actually do not sound too Republican. I like Ron Paul particularly because of his ideas to restore the American constitution back in place just like what their founding fathers wanted back then. Many in America believe that for various reasons, the systems that they have today are slowly taking away Americans' sovereignty. Ron Paul is the only candidate who doesn't support the War against Iraq, and at the same time he seems to be the only one who is against the Patriot Act - an act similar to the famous Malaysian Internal Security Act (ISA). These outdated and colonial-like acts give governments unlimited power to jail anyone that they wish without trial in court and even without our rights to appoint a lawyer to defend ourselves. And in my opinion, these kinds of laws should not exist anymore in this world for any reason. If one is said to be guilty, he/she should have the right to at least defend him/herself before getting charged and jailed.

Also, learning (or I might also call it grilled) by a two hour movie Zeitgeist, I am now all clear that just as much as what should be done to Malaysia, so much should also be done in America. And to me, as we speak, the only man who seems to realize on what the main problems Americans are facing is Ron Paul.

So, what are the main problems that Americans are facing?

To answer this, first, let me talk about the movie Zeitgeist. The movie is somewhat an independent movie which costed me two hours of my afternoon sleep. But I'm glad I "paid" the two hour to gain some useful realizations as to what is really happening in American economy.

The movie has three parts, where the first part scrutinizes the existence of Jesus Christ (or probably even God) which I certainly do not agree with simply because I'm a Muslim and we firmly believe in the existence of Jesus (who is regarded as one of our Prophets before Muhammad).

But the other two parts, however, are mind-blogging. Too many facts (even some not properly cited) have been presented and they support one another you just can't deny that something wrong has been going really wrong with this world even from the beginning of the 20th century.

The two parts talk about the 9/11 attack (plus some previous world wars) and the Federal Reserve System (which is something like Malaysia's Bank Negara but privately-controlled). Net result - too disturbing to churn.

There is simply too much to be said about the movie that I would recommend all of you to spend some time watching it. And I especially recommend watching the last two parts. You can skip that first one.

And so, why Ron Paul? This time, my answer is: "Easy. Watch Zeitgeist on Google Video, search Ron Paul on Youtube, and you'll see what I'm trying to say"

Peace and out.

No comments: