Sunday, April 6, 2008

Freedom Of Speech - Dutch Style

Have you seen the latest Dutch hit, "Fitna"? If you haven't, you should. Go to YouTube and you'll find it there.

It is amusing to know that some people are producing videos or cartoons that they know are sensitive to Muslims, and later say

"Hey, this is freedom of speech! I can write and do whatever I want because we the civilized countries know better than you developing countries do! This is freedom of speech. You know nothing about it. So don't get offended, because if you do then I'm gonna call you terrorists!"

Pathetic.

That's the only description I could say to the people who can't distinguish between what is proper and what is not. These "civilized" people can't even tell if they're only using freedom of speech without taking somebody else's dignity or not.

Let's take this conversation as an example on how confused these people are:

Friend: Geert, I have two hands. Can I say that I should have freedom for my two hands to do whatever that I want? I mean, I should be able to pick up anything and use my hands to hold anything that I want, right?

Geert Wilders: Oh, yes! Why not? We humans have freedom in doing anything that we want!

And so Friend walked towards Geert Wilder's wife who's standing next to him and landed his hand on her ****** (you choose, whichever part that is sensitive).

Flabbergasted, Geert Wilders punched Friend on the face as hard as he could. He could not believe Friend had such an intention. With his nose bleeding, Friend said

Friend: What the hell, Geert?! You just told me that I could use my hands for anything. You said my two hands have freedom!

Geert Wilders: Are you stupid or what?! This is my wife. I treasure her the most and of course someone touching my wife is something that is offensive to me. I won't ever allow you to do that, and I don't care how much freedom your two hands have, you still can't go touching some private parts which are sensitive to some!! Limit that freedom you have, will you?!

And seeing that scene from far, a Muslim guy shook his head seeing how stupid Geert Wilders is. He talks about freedom of speech, but he doesn't know how to limit his. He doesn't know what offends others and yet he gets offended when others touch his wife's private part because to him, "it is offensive". UUuuu. Now he's talking about what's offensive and what's not.

Besides some European countries, freedom of speech is also common in America. People make fun of others on the Comedy Central TV channel, but yet they still know what should be the limits. And knowing that some jokes could be offensive, most stand up comedians prefer to use self-depreciating jokes, where they would humiliate themselves, their own race, their religion, or their own family members. Even in America people know how to use freedom of speech while behaving themselves.

But Geert Wilders? To him, freedom of speech is smearing other people's religion. He seems to know freedom of speech better than anyone else in the whole world.

I guess this is freedom of speech - Dutch style.

Shame on you, Geert.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

nice analogy ijat. let's pray that geert wilder (n ourselves) will get taufiq & hidayah from Allah

raja hazwani aimi said...

salam....
great entry....
lately i like to surf and visit your Blog...
keep up!!!!