Saturday, March 22, 2008

I Need Some Personal Check & Balance

Check & balance is a must. For Muslims, one of our check and balances should be Allah, where we know that He is watching us all the time. Even when no one is around, He is around to ensure we don't dare do evil. For a student like me, I also think I need a few personal check and balance factors to keep me rolling on the right track in terms of studies and my part-time job.

Being a human full of imperfection, I find myself sometimes lazy and procrastinating. Some recent events really taught me on why personal check and balance is a must. One day I overslept where it almost costed me my part-time job as a lab assistant in our Petroleum Engineering department.

With my strict (but fatherly) boss being my personal check and balance factor in my daily life as a student here, I'm glad now I care and appreciate more about the job that I have. Should I lose this job, I'd lose so much of my side income it might even affect my studies.

To make this story a lesson, I should say that all of us should recognize and ask - what has been our personal check and balance all these while? Such check and balances would keep us away from being complacent, lazy and inefficient. They push us to the limits where we would work our hardest to appreciate whatever that we have now. And pushing ourselves to the limit is a must for personal growth. Otherwise, 5 years from now, we will still be at the same level as today.

Cheers.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How do i recognize my personal check and balance? seems like i need one